Monday, September 21, 2009

And so, with this in mind, we begin

I would like to think that I strive, in all things, for the truth. Perhaps a truth. Hopefully an honest truth. Thus, though few, if any, will ever read it, I find it appropriate to call this what it is.
This blog is the result of a tradition of irresponsibility, of laziness, of simple stupidity. Fully capable, I have often, in the past, found myself in an impossible situation, where what needs to be done cannot be completed with the appropriate level of quality in the time that I have left myself. I was supposed to "do" this directed study this summer. I started it--I usually start just about everything--and then failed to take it past the first slightly demanding assignment. A similar plot was followed in my directed study through Historical Methods, and it is to avoid the climax of that story, now completed, that I am brought to this web-page.
I am lucky to have around me an adviser who is both wise and patient, and a peer who is everything I should be--and by that I mean she is driven, responsible, and very good at what she does. She has already begun a blog for the purpose of aiding the completion of her senior thesis, and it is an impressive thing. Hopefully it can be a model.
Now, none of you few who may perhaps read this have come here for this type of post. Too bad. I am already finding this medium, this blank page, this blog, to be quite fun. So, in addition to my academic endeavors, I am going to fill this fount of potential with whatever tickles my fancy. It feels a place to stretch rhetorical wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment